Friday, January 23, 2009

Painting Preview

Gracy (in progress)
oil on canvas

I haven't quite finished this painting, but I am getting close.  I thought I would give you a preview before it's completed.  Her face came together pretty easily, but I wanted the background to have a lot of depth so it has taken a while to complete.  I've been layering colors, and we all know what that means when it comes to oils.  I am so impatient sometimes so I tend to rush it.  I've learned to work really thinly with my paint so that it will dry quickly.  I could never spend months on one painting. The background is actually really simple, I am just experimenting with layering colors to create depth.  I like how a simple background really frames the face.  Anyway, I hope it will be done by the end of the weekend and I will be able to post the final product!

No comments: