Tuesday, January 27, 2009

VNA Art & Soup

VNA 2008

I will be participating in Art & Soup, a benefit for the Visiting Nurse's Association, again this year. It is a lot of fun and the perfect activity for a cold, February day!  I would say it is one of the best art events in town! The best restaurants around Omaha compete in a soup competition while artists sell their work.  The soups are judged by foodies and the public.  I am always a little busy to eat very much soup, but Mike attempts to hit every restaurant.  I always make sure he brings me a sample of the best ones though!  There is also music and drinks and a silent auction.  The art is well chosen and, most importantly, at least half of all the art sales benefit the VNA. There is everything from sculpture to paintings to photography and even some artist demos!  It takes place Sunday, February 22nd from 2 - 6 p.m.  If you would like to purchase tickets or for more information, visit the VNA website.  

No comments: