Sunday, April 5, 2009

Make Me Over

Make Me Over
16 x 20
mixed media

This painting is actually from a few years back.  I was feeling a little more abstract and experimental at the time.  I was happy with how it turned out though.  It probably seems very blue and depressing, but I think it is rather hopeful.  When I became a christian, I realized that God is continually renewing my mind and "making me over" into a new person.  Like everyone else, I go through "blue" periods and I think it is good for us to be humbled and realize that we can't do it alone.  God knows I'm not perfect, yet He loves me more than I can ever know or understand.  I am so grateful I don't need to be perfect in order to receive God's love and forgiveness.  Jesus did that for me.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments: