Monday, June 22, 2009

Inspiration in D.C.

While in Washington D.C. I was able to visit the National Gallery of Art and the National Portrait Gallery which were both beautiful and enormous museums. I really enjoyed seeing the Vermeer paintings at the National Gallery and there was a beautiful portrait by Cezanne of his father reading the paper. Inspired me to do more portraits. It was also fun to the Hope campaign poster of Obama... it is a really beautiful piece of artwork when you see it in person. I had no idea it was a collage with layers of patterned paper and ink. I have always been intrigued by collage and printmaking and want to do more of it! We also went to the Botanic Gardens where I took a million photos! So, there was not a lack of inspiration on my trip! Now I just need to get back to work!

No comments: