Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hillary Sleeping


Hillary Sleeping
5 x 7
Oil

Sold

Top Ten things to "say no" to when you need to paint:
1. people. they want your time and they can't have it.
2. the dishes. the laundry. organizing your closet. It can wait.
3. Decorating. Although my house could use some primping... I need to keep painting!
4. facebooking. blogging. emailing.
5. plucking your eyebrows.
6. watching a "what not to wear" rerun.
7. pulling weeds. (this one is sometimes helpful when you need a break from painting though).
8. staring out the window... tempting, but won't help you.
9. flipping through that sur la table catalog you just got in the mail.
10. that voice in your head that tells you that you may fail, you're no good, it's not worth it, and that all of the above are more important than your painting.

I realize that we all need to do the dishes and blog and hang out with our friends, but it sure seems like all of these things can steal our time away from our painting so easily! I know I need to be careful and "say no" to many different temptations everyday. Sometimes I have to say no to something I don't want to and sometimes it's something ridiculous like flipping through a catalog... whatever it is, I have to guard my painting time!

To whom much is given, from him much will be required." Luke 12:48
Use those gifts artists!

No comments: