Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Welcome!

Hello, welcome to my new blog, liquid birdsong. I decided on that name because I consider painting to be like a birdsong. It's my way of celebrating creation, the way a bird does when she sings. I have a favorite quote by Georgia O'Keeffe, "Singing to me has always seemed the most perfect means of expression. It is so spontaneous. And after singing, I think the violin. Since I cannot sing, I paint." I will be using this blog to keep track of how my paintings evolve and to make note of inspirations, new artists, anything that pertains to my daily art making! I don't know where this blog will take me, but it will be a fun adventure and hopefully it will spur me on to work hard, paint a lot and generate new ideas.

I just got back from Costa Rica a few weeks ago, so I have been inspired to paint beachy scenes even though I am a landlocked Nebraska girl. I love the ocean though! So here is my first posted painting!

Punta Uva
11 x 14
Oil on Canvas

Sold



No comments: