Friday, September 5, 2008

New York Street Dancer


Street Dancer
9 x 12
Oil on Canvas

Sold

This painting is a little different for me, but I loved doing it! We, as artists, can get stuck in a rut painting the same thing under the guise that we are maintaining continuity. There is something to be said for trying something new and being open to new directions. For a long time now I've been painting portraits and I am branching out! I will continue with my portraits, of course, but why not paint anything that inspires me?! This guy was dancing in the street when I was in NYC a few years back. He was amazingly talented and entertaining. I love watching all kinds of dancing... break dancing is especially fun! It is a challenge to actually capture a great image, but it is possible!

No comments: